Monday, March 02, 2009

Sunday Walk

I went for a bush walk with Stijn & Denise on Sunday afternoon.. The route was "Taronga to Balmoral". There is an official route map, it starts from Taronga zoo wharf to Balmoral beach, it's about 6km, 2hrs walking course but We started from my place which is located in Mosman, just 20mins walk to Taronga zoo.

At 1:30pm, it was great weather for the walk, a bit hot though.. heading to Taronga zoo without problems, then we lost our way to Clifton Garden... even we got a map?! If I walked by myself, I was sure I looked the map very carefully but here I come, I was with 2 friends..... just followed them!

but we found out where we were, and followed the route map again.

Somehow... we took the wrong way again and started walking on the seaside rocks not in the bushes.. stepped ups and downs on the rocks.. totally away from the map. Walking on the rocks.. about 30mins.. we're finally back to the original route. It was already 4pm, we were supposed to be at Balmoral beach by the time....

So that we decided to take a shortcut to go back.... actually.. to go to the nearest pub for drinks!

It was great walk and cold beers to cool us down afterwards :-)
Thank you, Stijn & Denise..


No comments: